Our fifth annual Children’s Ethos Conference was held at Bishop Bridgeman CE Primary School, due to the growing popularity of the conference we have extended it two days.
Our Children’s Ethos Conference 2017 was another massive success, we had 54+ schools attend this year and everyone had a great time including our VIP
special guest, The Right Reverend Mark Davies Bishop of Middleton. This Year's Ethos Conference celebrates the value of peace within an interfaith context.
Day 1 -Children' s worship on the theme of service.
There were lots of interesting activities during the day, including:
Workshops Day 1
• Workshop 1 To exploring Prayer through spiritual development - Real butterfly Release!!
• Workshop 2 - To explore Buddhism through art and imagination.
• Workshop 3 - To explore Islam through food. Making Biryani for Eid celebrations.
- Workshop 4 - To explore Through personal reflection and interpretation of a chosen Christian value led by students from St James secondary school.
Workshop 5 - To explore Hinduism through colour and textile with Wendy Deverill
- To explore 6 - To explore Christian values through poetry and imagination with Ian Bland.
- Workshop 7 - To explore Christian values through perfume making.
Prayer Spaces Outside
- Workshop 8 - To explore Christian values through music.
Day 1 -Children' s worship on the theme of peace.
Workshops Day 2
- Workshop 9 - To explore prayer through spiritual development, making and flying prayer kites.
- Workshop 10 - To explore Christian values through art and imagination with Wendy Moore, shell painting.
- Workshop 11 - To design a reflection space for a value of the group's choice, evaluate how it can impact on individuals, the school community and the wider community.
- Workshop 12 - To explore through personal reflection and interpretation a chosen value through colour and textiles. Make a values bag.
- Workshop 13 - To explore Christian values through conversation, conversational Jenga led by St James Primary School.
- Workshop 14 - To explore Christian values through poetry and imagination with Ian Bland.
- Workshop 15 - To reflect on Christian values. How do we make our values seen. Outdoor activity with Cool Canvas.
- Workshop 16 - To explore Christian values through song.
Prayer Space - Pom Pom. Pam poms are unique just as we are in God's eyes.
To finish the day every child released a balloon to symbolise prayers moving to God and the adults release doves to symbolise peace. Please take a look at some images from the day in our image gallery and the video in the Ethos TV section.
Take at our videos from the 2017 Ethos Conference